Thursday, February 14, 2008

drawings of Harrison


Harrison the gsp is quite a good subject for drawing in the evenings after his dinner.
He stays fairly still.
I was trying out drawing media.
In the first one which I prefer, I used a water soluble pencil, and in the second a 6B 'mars lumograph' I found in my drawer. What is the difference between a lumograph and normal pencil?
Poor Harry's anatomy has suffered a bit. I mixed up his front and back leg in the first one, and he seems to have had his head slightly detached in the pencil drawing. Must keep trying.

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

The water-soluble pencils are good for doing animals - can fuzz the edges when you're not sure where the back leg ends and the front begins! I like the second one too - very sensitively drawn. I don't know the difference between lumograph and pencil... they seem a bit waxier, don't they?