Friday, January 18, 2008

Cat Drawing






I have always felt pleased with these drawings I did - a long time ago - of our old cat, Cobweb (Cobbie). A somewhat cantankerous calico cat, she was very beautiful and much loved, giving much affection in return, but only if she felt like it. She never quite forgave us for keeping her daughter, Mistletoe, and her happiest days were after poor Mistletoe died, aged about 19! Cobbie lived past 20 years. I think my drawings show my affection for her, shifting position on a kitchen chair.

3 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

These are beautiful drawings - so typical of a cat shifting around getting comfy - dear Cobbie - we heard many tales and met her just briefly

Gillian said...

Those are beautiful!Reminds me of Beatrix Potter sketches. Makes me want to go right out and adopt another cat... They make ideal models and graciously hold their poses for a reasonable sketching time. Not like our Pippa pup who doesn't sit still for 2 secs - and if you look at her too long when she IS lying still, she gets up - walks over to you - as if to say 'what's the problem - why you looking at me...' Funny dog!

Vivienne said...

Dear old Cobbie. I miss the cats, but we won't get another now. They are old for so long!! Do you know the dogs have not had a flea since the cats retired themselves from ratting duties? Perhaps I missed sketching opportunities... all those rats. Living near the river in Perth, huge rats run around all the gardens. Everyone claims they are possums, which also abound.